1/1 Photo of Jason's Sugar Cookies
It is with a bit of hesitation that I post this recipe, since I don't actually LIKE these cookies! They're a bit too dry and flour-y for me. They are, however, my husband's very favorite sugar cookies, and quite fondly remembered from his childhood. I am posting this so I don't lose it--the recipe is written on a well-worn piece of paper sent to us by his mother. She had written all sorts of comments about the recipe as well; I have posted it sans comments. I am also going to post my own (much tastier, in my opinion) recipe for sugar cookies. Anyway, this recipe came from a cookbook from the 1960's--no idea what it was. If you make these and don't like them, don't say I didn't warn you! Hah! :) (Prep time does not include refrigeration, and servings are a guess)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml softened butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1Sift flour with baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until combined then beat in sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well combined.
- 4With rubber scraper, form dough into a ball.
- 5Wrap in waxed paper, plastic wrap, or foil; refrigerate overnight or several hours.
- 6Divide dough into four parts.
- 7Refrigerate until ready to roll out.
- 8Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 10On well-floured surface roll dough, one part at a time, 1/4 inch thick.
- 11With floured, 2 1/2 inch round or scalloped cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
- 12Using spatula, place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 13Sprinkle tops of cookies with sugar.
- 14Place a raisin or almond in the center of each, if desired.
- 15Reroll trimmings, and cut.
- 16Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden (be careful, they burn easily).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jason's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1714.1
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.7 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 1201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 117.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g