Recipe by Miss Annie
A recipe for "in a hurry" dinners. I keep pre-cooked chicken in the freezer, or buy a deli roasted chicken for recipes like this. It is a snap to put together while you take your shoes off and put your feet up after a long day. You could even assemble before going to work and bake it when you get home.
Top Review by CharityAnn
I really loved this, the flavor was fantastic. I used leftover ham, no chicken and chopped up a few pieces of broccoli-I'm not a huge fan of mushy broccoli so I just washed it and tossed it in, they were perfectly crisp-tender and reheated well. Gotta say though, the girls 4&5 didn't like the cream soup sauce and husband said it would make a great side dish...lol I will make it again though, probably as a side dish and without the cream soup, but thank you for posting such a great idea.
- 1 (5 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 1 lb broccoli, steamed to crisp-tender
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked ham, shredded to bite-size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (or canned mushrooms ok)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup crushed croutons or 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray coat a 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer rice, broccoli, meat, cheese and mushrooms into pan.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, mustard and curry.
- Pour over layers.
- Combine crushed croutons and melted butter.
- Top the layers.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF.
- for 30 minutes.