Recipe by Bec
I never get to cook with Jasmine rice, but I've had it before so I know that it is a lot different than regular long-grain white rice! I'm looking forward to trying this!
Top Review by RECIPE ADDICT
Very good! Will definitely make again. I thought it was unusual to cook the rice with no lid but actually it cooked in only about eight minutes after rinsing and sitting for about an hour to drain, thanks for a simple and easy recipe.
- 2 cups jasmine rice (13 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut, finely chopped (2 1/2 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup thinly sliced scallion top
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice in several changes of cold water in a bowl until water is almost clear, then drain rice well in a sieve.
- Bring rice, water, and broth to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, then stir in peanuts and scallion greens.