Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice is a tasty side for almost any meal.
- 709.77 ml jasmine rice
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml fresh ginger (finely chopped peeled)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1064.65 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (2 inches of bottom stems trimmed and discarded, tops and remaining stems coarsely chopped)
- Place rice in large sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and salt.
- Sprinkle cilantro over.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
This was delicious and the house smelled fabulous. I made it to go with bulgogi marinated pork loin. Four stars instead of five only because I don't think stewed cilantro does well in any dish. Next time, I would toss the fresh cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving, or possibly use Thai basil. I cut the recipe by one third and still had a lot left over for next day. Will definitely be making again.
OMG this rice was great serve it with salmon.
We loved this rice...easy and colorful. I did add some frozen peas. Served with Bourbon Chicken #45809 and it was perfect.