Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice is a tasty side for almost any meal.
Make and share this Jasmine Rice With Garlic, Ginger, and Cilantro recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh ginger (finely chopped peeled)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (2 inches of bottom stems trimmed and discarded, tops and remaining stems coarsely chopped)
- Place rice in large sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and salt.
- Sprinkle cilantro over.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
We loved this rice...easy and colorful. I did add some frozen peas. Served with Bourbon Chicken #45809 and it was perfect.
This RICE I've ever put in my mouth.. I did not have cilantro so I added basil and it was DELICIOUS!!! Thank you for posting such a great recipe..
Closed one nostril and sniffed. Closed the other nostril and sniffed. Then sniffed through both....ahhhhhhhhhh. I should go video. Some things need an enactment. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.