Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an elegant rice to serve with any grilled meats or fish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons sesame seed oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- Combine rice, 1 T butter, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2-1/2 cups water and 1/4 tsp salt in large saucepan. Bring to boil -- reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Lightly coat small ramekin dishes with remaining sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 T butter, chives and sesame seeds to rice. Fluff with fork. Cover and let stnd 5 minutes,
- Pack rice tightly into prepared dishes. Turn timbales out onto plates and serve.