Prep 3 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the rice under cold water.
- In med saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add rice and all ingredients.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
A quick and easy side dish to put together and it tastes good, too. I sautéed the rice and barley in a bit of butter first. Another choice for Pick Your Chef #3.
Very good, I'll be making this again. Substituted the peanuts for walnuts and the chicken broth of beef broth because of our meat for dinner - got lots of compliments on it. Thanks for posting!