Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I threw this together with what I had on hand, wanting something "Asian". I couldn't think of a name for it, so when a student tasted it, I decided to name it for her.
- 2 pork chops, boneless, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 cabbage, shredded
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 ounces rice sticks
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for coating pork
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Soak rice sticks in hot water for 10minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut pork chops into matchsticks, coat with flour. Saute in oil until browned, set aside. Shred cabbage, chop pepper and slice leeks. Add vegetables to pan and saute until crisp tender. Add pork, sesame oil, soy sauce, srirachi. Coat all in pan, add rice sticks and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
I agree with Mikey-Mike. I live in Thailand, and nothing about this recipe suggests 'pad thai'.
I am not commenting on the taste of this dish, but I would politely suggest that you rename it. Not the Jasmine Kelly part, but the pad thai part. This is NOTHING like pad thai, and it does a disservice to those seeking out a recipe for pad thai.