Yahoo Group Files. This amber colored jelly has a touch of ginger and a hint of lemon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine water and ginger. Bring to a boil over high
- 2heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and add tea bags. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour through a fine mesh sieve and discard ginger and tea bags. Measure
- 5exactly 3 1/2 cups of the liquid (add water if there is not enough
- 7Pour into a large saucepan and stir in lemon juice. Stir in
- 8pectin until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat,
- 9stirring constantly.
- 10Add sugar in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Return to a full
- 11rolling boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- 12Remove from the heat and skim off foam if needed. Ladle into prepared
- 13jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- 14Process jars in a boiling water bath for
- 1510 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
- 16Serving suggestions: Use this jelly to glaze fruit flans or tarts.
- 17Variations: Jasmine Green Tea Jelly: Omit the ginger.
- 18Green Tea Jelly with Honey: Use regular green tea and replace 1/2 cup of
- 19the sugar with liquid honey. If desired, omit the ginger.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jasmine Green Tea Jelly With Ginger and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (2064 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1613.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 418.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 400.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea bags