Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yahoo Group Files. This amber colored jelly has a touch of ginger and a hint of lemon.
Make and share this Jasmine Green Tea Jelly With Ginger and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons finely grated gingerroot
- 8 jasmine green tea bags (or either jasmine tea or green tea)
- 1⁄4 cup strained lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagepowdered pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine water and ginger. Bring to a boil over high
- heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add tea bags. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve and discard ginger and tea bags. Measure
- exactly 3 1/2 cups of the liquid (add water if there is not enough
- Pour into a large saucepan and stir in lemon juice. Stir in
- pectin until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat,
- stirring constantly.
- Add sugar in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Return to a full
- rolling boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and skim off foam if needed. Ladle into prepared
- jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for
- 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
- Serving suggestions: Use this jelly to glaze fruit flans or tarts.
- Variations: Jasmine Green Tea Jelly: Omit the ginger.
- Green Tea Jelly with Honey: Use regular green tea and replace 1/2 cup of
- the sugar with liquid honey. If desired, omit the ginger.