Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a soft, aromatic, flavored, jasmine tea with lots of lemons. Made in your 10 cup coffee maker for ease. If use loose jasmine green tea use 6 teaspoons.
- Place the water in the reserve of the coffee maker.
- In the coffee filter place an unbleached filter then place sugar, zest and the tea bags. All the sugar will dissolve and the lemon zest flavor will be picked up as the heated water goes through.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and cool.
- Add the lemon juice and fill pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour into ice filled tall glasses and garnish with jasmine flower or lemon rind or mint leaves.
- Enjoy and stay cool!
During the warm summer months we usually have a pitcher of lemonade as well as some ice tea in the fridge, & your recipe blends right in there for us! I didn't use a coffee maker but rather brewed the tea along with the zest, then strained out the zest & added the sugar before cooling it to a point where I added the lemon juice! Left out the garnishes, but other than that . . . Your tea & 'ade combo is definitely a winner! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
Rita this is great! Made for Comfort Cafe 09. This is the 2nd recipe using a coffee maker. Who knew. I am scouring garage sales to find an extra coffee pot just to make these teas. I had some hot, YUMMY! and the refrigerated the rest. I did not have jasmine flowers but added some mint leaves to the tea in tall wine glasses for out at the patio. Girlfriend lunch. err um can really see this mixed with some spirits...... summertime fun. Thankl you!
My daughter made this for dinner and it was very good. I loved the flavors together and we decided we need to keep this on hand in the fridge. Thanks Rita for posting it.