Recipe by Rita~
This is a soft, aromatic, flavored, jasmine tea with lots of lemons. Made in your 10 cup coffee maker for ease. If use loose jasmine green tea use 6 teaspoons.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
During the warm summer months we usually have a pitcher of lemonade as well as some ice tea in the fridge, & your recipe blends right in there for us! I didn't use a coffee maker but rather brewed the tea along with the zest, then strained out the zest & added the sugar before cooling it to a point where I added the lemon juice! Left out the garnishes, but other than that . . . Your tea & 'ade combo is definitely a winner! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
- 6 jasmine green tea bags (remove string,tag and metal from bags if they have it)
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 9 cups filtered water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- jasmine fresh edible flower
- fresh lemon rind
- mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water in the reserve of the coffee maker.
- In the coffee filter place an unbleached filter then place sugar, zest and the tea bags. All the sugar will dissolve and the lemon zest flavor will be picked up as the heated water goes through.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and cool.
- Add the lemon juice and fill pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour into ice filled tall glasses and garnish with jasmine flower or lemon rind or mint leaves.
- Enjoy and stay cool!