Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Iced tea with a ginger nip in a classic floral tea. The 3 hrs is chill time.
- 314.66 ml tea, concentrate* (made from good quaility Jasmine tea)
- 59.14 ml finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 631.69 ml chilled ginger ale (diet is fine)
- ice cube
- honey, sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- Combine ginger and tea concentrate while still hot and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Strain and discard ginger.
- Pour concentrate and ginger ale into ice filled glasses.
- Makes 4 servings.
- * For recipes that call for tea concentrates: steep 12 tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water. Before removing, squeeze the tea bags to get all of the liquid. Cool the concentrate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours and keep up to 2 weeks.
I used a green and black jasmine tea and made the concentrate as directed. The sweetness when using 'non-diet' ginger ale along with the ginger was perfect, so I added no additional sugar or honey. I REALLY REALLY liked this tea! I prepped prior to going out to work in my yard for a while before the heat was unbearable, and this was the perfect cooling beverage to reward myself with! The still sparkling, but lightened carbonation made this oh-so-easy to drink. I garnished with a fresh basil leaf and the slight aroma mingled nicely with the ginger each time I took a sip! Thank you for a lovely summer refreshment!
I looked all over for decaffeinated jasmine tea and couldn't find any, so used green tea. I enjoyed it with the ginger ale(I used Vernor's) and used sugar. Thanks Annacia! Made for Newest Zaar Tag! :D