From Cooking Light. Although it keeps in the fridge for several days, it's best served warm. Add a touch of extra milk to reheat.
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons loose chai tea (about 4 teabags)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup diced mixed dried fruit
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fat-free cool whip
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine water,tea,salt and 1 cup of the milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and steep for 1 minute.
- Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- Return milk mixture to pan over med. heat.
- Stir in rice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of milk, condensed milk,fruit and egg yolks, stirring well with a whisk.
- Gradually add half of the hot mixture to the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Return milk mixture to pan and cook 10 more minutes or until or until mixture is thick and rice is tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine nuts and orange rind.
- Place pudding in serving bowls, top with
- Cool Whip and sprinkle with nut mixture.