1/2 Photos of Jasmine Chai Rice Pudding
From Cooking Light. Although it keeps in the fridge for several days, it's best served warm. Add a touch of extra milk to reheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons loose chai tea (about 4 teabags)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup diced mixed dried fruit
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fat-free cool whip
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1Combine water,tea,salt and 1 cup of the milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and steep for 1 minute.
- 3Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- 4Return milk mixture to pan over med. heat.
- 5Stir in rice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Combine remaining 1 cup of milk, condensed milk,fruit and egg yolks, stirring well with a whisk.
- 7Gradually add half of the hot mixture to the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 8Return milk mixture to pan and cook 10 more minutes or until or until mixture is thick and rice is tender, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- 10In a separate bowl, combine nuts and orange rind.
- 11Place pudding in serving bowls, top with
- 12Cool Whip and sprinkle with nut mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jasmine Chai Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g