Prep 15 mins
Cook 51 mins
From an old southern cookbook. Vinegar pies were the alternative to lemon pies when lemons weren't in season.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Beat sugar, melted butter, eggs, flour, and vinegar together on high for 1 minute until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until top forms a pale golden crust (inside will be slightly liquid).
- Cool and serve at room temperature.
I found this recipe in a magizine, some time in the early eighties and made it. It was such a hit with my family that we kept the recipe and made it often.. Now my grand children are making it; a three generation hit with this family.
Been making this recipe for more than 10 years -- it's easy and addictive. My family loves it!