Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
My mum made this, so to me it is real comfort food. Great over mashed potatoes, I don't know why it is called "jarred" but it is. We would use shoulder or chump chops for this. Note that our tablespoons contain 4 teaspoons not 3 like the US.
- 1 kg lamb chop, trimmed of fat
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 60 ml tomato ketchup (3 tablespoons)
- 40 ml Worcestershire sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 20 ml vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup water
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and pepper (to taste) together and roll the chops in this mix.
- Place in a casserole, mix the remaining liquid ingredients together, pour over the chops and bake in a moderate oven about 1 3/4 hours or until very tender.
These lamb chops are really tasty, easy to put together too. The sauce is great and was popular with the 2 men. A real comfort meal for sure.
Yummy! Even my husband, who's never tasted lamb he's liked, found this tasty! He used a bit extra water, just enough to cover the meat; since it wasn't specified, he used malt vinegar. Easy, tasty, most definitely a keeper.
Very easy prep, turned the chops many times and got a beautiful coat all over. Thanks JanRoundOz for a new addition to my favorites cookbook. This is now a regular meal in our house. The only change I have made is I cut the meat from the bone before coating. This makes it easier to eat from the plate.