Jarlsberg Tempeh Casserole
- Note: Use egg noodles if not vegan and use your favorite vegan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; Pam a 2 to 3-quart casserole. Split tempeh horizontally then cut crosswise in half to make 4 squares.
- In large deep skillet heat over over med high until hot. Add tempeh and fry, turn once. It should be lightly brown on both sides about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper and sprinkle with the salt. As soon as you can handle it cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add onion to oil and cook over medium stirring a few times until lightly browned about 5 to 7 minutes. Add pepper and cook until it softens about 3 more minutes.
- Add flour and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in soy milk and bring to a boil stirring frequently until sauce thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes then stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Add noodles and peas. Season to taste. Transfer to baking dish.
- Sprinkle cornflakes on top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy on top.