Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Everyday Food and generally gets inhaled wherever I bring it. It's pretty fast to throw together as written, but it even works well with bagged, pre-shredded cheese of just about any variety. This is delicious made ahead and refrigerating until you're ready for it.
- 2 cups grated jarlsberg cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Mix the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and parsley together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Optionally, garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Serve with crackers or bread (I usually serve it with Wheat Thins).
I was given this exact recipe by one of the deli workers in our local grocery store. They make it in-house for sale all the time. I like to put a little on some bread rounds & put them under the broiler for a few minutes. The dip gets warm & gooey & the bread gets nicely crunchy. My husband really likes it. For me - lots of calories & I only eat it once in a while - but good though.