Recipe by Manami
I love to putter around in the kitchen and on Sunday's when Jesus, the chef, is here he lets me test out some of my recipes. These I made as a "trial run batch" and they were inhaled as soon as they came out of the oven! mealsforyou.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb crushed tomatoes
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb jarlsberg cheese
- 4 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups pitted black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb artichoke heart, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix water with olive oil and flour.
- Then add the sugar and yeast to make a smooth dough.
- Let the dough raise to double its size in a warm place (approx 30 min.)
- Knead and roll into 12 pieces (for each batch of 12).
- Flatten them out with a rolling pin.
- Make the tomato sauce by mixing together the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, if using, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil for every 12 mini pizzas.
- Divide the sauce on each mini pizza.
- Cover with the grated Jarlsberg and garnish with mushrooms.
- Broil for 3 minutes, preferably on a pizza stone.
- Top with black olives and artichoke hearts and serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.