Recipe by Mercy
I found this recipe in the local newspaper and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
- 1 lb flounder fillets or 1 lb cod or 1 lb sole or 1 lb tilapia fillets or 1 lb other mild firm fish, cut lengthwise in 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup fine unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 8 quartered tomatillos or 1 cup chopped green tomato
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded or finely sliced jarlsberg cheese (4 ounces)
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place fish, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a plastic bag; shake to coat fish with seasoning and crumbs.
- Place fish on nonstick baking pan; spray lightly with oil; roast in 425 F oven 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- In large nonstick skillet, saute onion, pepper and tomatillos (with cumin, if desired), until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to warming plate.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions.
- Divide cheese evenly among tortillas; top with vegetables, fish and cilantro to taste.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over, roll up and serve immediately.