Prep 7 mins
Cook 37 mins
Entered for safekeeping for ZWT. From Sons of Norway website, http://www.sofn.com/norwegian_culture/showRecipe.jsp?document=JarlsbergPeppers.html.
- 4 large green bell peppers or 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground meat or 1 lb ground venison
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup french breadcrumbs (1 1/2 dl)
- 1 1⁄4 cups jarlsberg cheese, diced (3 dl)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide peppers in two horizontally; remove stem and seeds.
- Sprinkle the coarse salt on baking pan.
- Mix meat, Tabasco, garlic salt, pepper, lemon juice, crumbs, and half of Jarlsberg cheese.
- Divide evenly between the peppers.
- Top the peppers with remainder of the cheese.
- Melt butter, add garlic salt, and brush over the peppers.
- Place on top of coarse salt on baking sheet, and bake in 350·F (175·C) oven about 35 minutes.