Entered for safekeeping for ZWT. From Sons of Norway website, http://www.sofn.com/norwegian_culture/showRecipe.jsp?document=JarlsbergPeppers.html.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large green bell peppers or 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground meat or 1 lb ground venison
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2/3 cup french breadcrumbs (1 1/2 dl)
- 1 1/4 cups jarlsberg cheese, diced (3 dl)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Divide peppers in two horizontally; remove stem and seeds.
- 3Sprinkle the coarse salt on baking pan.
- 4Mix meat, Tabasco, garlic salt, pepper, lemon juice, crumbs, and half of Jarlsberg cheese.
- 5Divide evenly between the peppers.
- 6Top the peppers with remainder of the cheese.
- 7Melt butter, add garlic salt, and brush over the peppers.
- 8Place on top of coarse salt on baking sheet, and bake in 350·F (175·C) oven about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jarlsberg Filled Peppers (Jarlsbergfylt Paprika) from Norway
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1471.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground meat