Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a very tasty and attractive jar of garden goodies to keep or give as gifts.
- green beans or waxed beans, parboiled
- bell pepper, segments raw
- broccoli floret, parboiled
- cabbage, pieces blanched
- carrot, slices parboiled
- cauliflower floret, parboiled
- celery, pieces raw
- cucumber, slices raw
- eggplant, slices parboiled
- green cherry tomatoes, raw
- green tomato, slices raw
- jerusalem artichoke, pieces,raw
- mushroom, parboiled
- okra, blanched
- onion, pieces blanched
- radish, raw
- whole baby white onion, blanched
- zucchini, slices raw
Per Quart you will need
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 hot Thai peppers
Per quart you might need up to
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- It all depends on your choice, amount and size of vegetables-you might use much less, like 1 cup vinegar to 1 cup water-just make sure the vinegar water ratio is equal.
- Select your combination of vegetables.
- Wash and prepare according to above recomendations-like raw vs.
- Pack veggies, in attractive layers into a clean hot jar (s).
- Add the salt, garlic, peppercorns and hot pepper.
- Pour vinegar water mixture over the veggies, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.
i was looking for this recipe our garden runnith over and having diffent pickles is a good thing lol