Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sauce served in american-japanese restaurants.
Make and share this Japanese "yum Yum" Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, white sugar, rice vinegar, melted.
- butter, paprika and garlic powder.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
This recipe is good but the addition of tomato paste/ sauce is needed. I added 1 tablespoon of paste, may not sound like much but it was a nice addition.
This was good, but I'd cut back on the sugar - at least start with less and add more if needed. The sweet flavor was much stronger than I expected. A great start though!