Recipe by Akikobay
Quick salad dressing recipe...posted upon request. I've seen this with the addition of a little bit of white miso, so you may want to experiment with this.
Top Review by yogi
Very quick and flavorful dressing. Nice tang from the umeboshi, vinegar and lime juice, and the onion and all the rest add to the nice balance of flavors. Had this with a salad of chopped bok choy, celery, and zucchini. This went together so fast! I just put a chunk of onion and the rest in my little blender and whizzed it up. I used tahini because I didn't have any sesame seeds (probably made mine a bit thicker or smoother), maybe half a packet of stevia instead of sugar, and reduced the oil (I used macadamia nut oil) to 2 T, which is just my personal preference for low oil dressings, like Roosie. Can't wait for dinner so I can have some more salad with this dressing! Thanks Akikobay!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted lightly
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced umeboshi or 1 -2 tablespoon neri-ume (comes in a little squirt bottle)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄4 cup ume vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste