Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
In 'Cat Cora's Classics with a Twist'
Top Review by kari1391
i found this at catcora 2 weeks ago, DELICIOUS
I used powder ginger (first 1/2 tablespoon and then kept adding to taste), store-bought broth.
I omited miso since I couldnt find it where I live, it tasted so good!
can't wait to have it again!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedried udon noodles
- 8 cups chicken stock (low sodium canned or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup trimmed snow peas, sliced 1/2-inch on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced small brown button mushroom
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion (white and light green parts only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the udon noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to a boil; decrease heat to medium and add in the ginger and carrots.
- Cook until the carrots are crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the snow peas and cook until slightly tender but still bright green, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for 30 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Place the miso on a medium bowl and add a ladleful of hot broth.
- Whisk until the miso is completely dissolved, then stir the mixture back into the soup.
- Do not let the soup come to a boil, or the mixo will lose some of its flavor.
- Taste the soup for saltiness and add soy sauce to taste.
- Stir in the scallions.
- With tongs, place noodles in each soup bowl (allowing 3/4 cup for 6 servings, 1 1/4 cups for 4 servings).
- Ladle in the soup and serve hot.