Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sunset magazine
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 12 1⁄3 ounces silken firm tofu
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed drained
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup diced roma tomato
- In pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and ginger until onion is lightly browned.
- Add broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Crumble tofu into about 1-inch chunks and add to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add spinach, cover, and cook until wilted.
- Reduce heat to low, evenly distribute mixture in pan, and pour in eggs. With a spatula, push vegetables aside slightly so egg mixture can flow down through sauce. Cover and cook just until eggs are softly set, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon rice into bowls. Top equally with egg-spinach mixture, including juices. Sprinkle with tomato.