Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great meatless teriyaki dinner. Use Tempeh in stead of tofu if you want.. I prefer Tempeh in this recipe.
- 1 package extra firm tofu, cubed 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup daikon radish, diced 1/2 " cubes
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (red & green)
- 1 1⁄2 cups teriyaki sauce, ready prepared,thick style
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons regular parsley, chopped
- Saute the garlic, onion,ginger,carrot& daikon in the olive oil about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers& tofu saute 3 minutes.
- Add Teriyaki sauce, snow peas, bean sprouts& cilantro.
- Stir, cover,& simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Great tofu recipe. I served this over the weekend to a vegetarian Atkin's dieter guest. We all loved it. I left out the carrots and cut the tofu into long strips/fingers. Looked great and tasted even better.
It was quite tasty, but I found that the amount I used for the Teriyaki sauce made the dish too salty. A cup of the sauce would have been best. I also could have done this with meat like Chicken or Beef (even Fish!). Also, I could have added more veggies to this dish as well.
It was incredibly salty. It was probably the brand of Teriyaki sauce I used (kikoman). It tasted like salt soup. I checked the contents of the sauce and it was 25% sodium.