Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet Rice Dumplings
Make and share this Japanese Sweet Rice Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- (The Japanese call these rice dumplings obagies) Bring water to boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add rice and salt, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for one hour.
- (Check to see if more water must be added to prevent sticking.) Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix half the raisins and half the cinnamon into half of the rice and process mixture thoroughly through a grain mill.
- (If you do not have a grain mill, use a Champion Juicer with a grinder attachment or pound mixture into a paste in a wooden bowl.) Repeat with remaining rice, raisins and cinnamon.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and roast in oven and let cool.
- Coarsely grind or finely chop walnuts.
- Measure rice into 2 1/2 tablespoon portio ns.
- Moisten hands and shape dumplings.
- Roll each dumpling in walnuts to coat. Serve immediately.
Errr....not exactly Japanese but, I guess good for non-Japanese.
Not precisly what I had in mind about what Japanese Dumplings were, but I'm sure my friends will love them on long trips. ^_^ Animé on!