Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a community cookbook. Uses flank steak cut into strips. Haven't tried it yet but it reminds me of the Mongolian steak that my kids love (fried and sweet)!
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced into strips across the grain
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 12 tablespoons marmalade
- peanut oil, for frying
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, marmalade, and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the meat to the bowl and let it marinade for 5-10 minutes. Drain and then roll the meat in the cornstarch .
- Heat enough oil to cover the meat almost all the way on medium-high heat. Fry meat about 2 minutes until steak is nicely browned. Serve with rice.