Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Was surfing the web & I landed on the Angus Beef web site, where I saw this recipe and it looked very delicious, so I posted it for future use.
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 scallions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces (white and green)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped & de-seed into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 cup cooked button mushroom, with
- cooked short-grain rice
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, saki & crushed red pepper flakes, in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok or electric frying pan to medium heat.
- Heat oil, add steak strips and stir until beef is browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Push beef to one side.
- On the other side, add scallions and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sprouts.
- Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle soy mixture over meat and vegetables still keeping the beef separate.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Place rice on plates; add beef and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.