Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with white or brown rice.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder (or English mustard powder)
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin or 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons fresh apple juice
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- On a plate, mix the flour and wasabi powder together.
- Dip the salmon pieces into the flour until lightly coated all over.
- Heat a wok until hot; add in the oil, then add half of the salmon and sear it, without moving, for 1 minute.
- Turn and sear the other side for 1 minute.
- Remove from wok and keep warm; repeat with the remaining salmon.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, mirin, apple juice, spinach, and water to the wok; stir-fry until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Return fish to wok; stir to coat in the sauce, then cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice with the scallions and sesame seeds sprinkled on top.