4 hrs 10 mins
Ashley U's Note:
Great summer slaw which has an interesting taste.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (can be found in Asian Markets)
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (omit to make vegan or vegetarian, can be found in Asian Markets)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1Whisk first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil; pour into a large bowl.
- 3Add cucumber, carrot and red bell pepper.
- 4Add cabbage to vegetable mixture.
- 5It can be made up to 4 hours ahead.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese-Style Quick-Pickled Cabbage Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g