Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great summer slaw which has an interesting taste.
Make and share this Japanese-Style Quick-Pickled Cabbage Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar (can be found in Asian Markets)
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (omit to make vegan or vegetarian, can be found in Asian Markets)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil; pour into a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, carrot and red bell pepper.
- Add cabbage to vegetable mixture.
- It can be made up to 4 hours ahead.