Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Roy Yamaguchi's restaurant in Honolulu. It has such a fresh taste.
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, thyme)
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or shoyu)
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (shitake, oyster, etc)
- 4 cups julienned seasonal vegetables (red bell pepper, asparagus, zucchini, sweet onion, broccoli)
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, al dente (spirelli or ziti)
- Saute in a large skillet the first five ingredients until garlic starts to brown.
- Add mixed mushrooms and julienned vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until vegetables are al dente.
- Add al dente pasta and toss.
- After pasta has heated add in 2 tsp soy sauce and a touch of lemon juice.
- Toss and serve in a bowl.
Used mixed herbs (sage, rosemary & thyme) and these herbs did not go well with the rest of the flavors. Other than that, it was a good dish but not sure if it is worth repeating for us. Give it a try though, just make sure to watch what herbs you use!