Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A Japanese-style salad which can be served as a side dish with any grilled or BBQd meat dish. I found this recipe in the October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Super Food Ideas', and I have posted it for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. The "cooking times" below do not include the 3 hours refrigeration time.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
I only marinated my mushrooms for about an hour and half, but they were so flavorful and so good! When I went to get my cucumber it was spoiled :( so I used some radishes instead, which were a great substitute IMO! YUM!!
- 100 g baby asian greens
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 600 g button mushrooms, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make marinated mushrooms: Place soy, mirin, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a glass or ceramic bowl, and stir until well-combined. Add mushrooms and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Place Asian greens, cucumber, capsicum and marinated mushrooms in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve as an accompaniment to lamb, beef or chicken.