Recipe by Rinshinomori
This is a simple recipe using Japanese S&B golden curry roux. This is normally served with cooked white rice in Japan.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces curry roux (1/2 box large S&B Golden Curry)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (can use pork or chicken)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggplants, sliced diagonally 3/4 inch (thin Japanese or Chinese)
- 1 tomatoes, cut in large chunks
- 2 ounces green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic with oil in a saucepan until beef is browned. Add eggplants to the saucepan and continue to cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce mix and garam masala, stir until fully melted.
- Add tomatoes and green peas.
- Cook 10 additional minutes on low heat.