This is a simple recipe using Japanese S&B golden curry roux. This is normally served with cooked white rice in Japan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/2 ounces curry roux (1/2 box large S&B Golden Curry)
- 1/2 lb ground beef (can use pork or chicken)
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggplants, sliced diagonally 3/4 inch (thin Japanese or Chinese)
- 1 tomato, cut in large chunks
- 2 ounces green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic with oil in a saucepan until beef is browned. Add eggplants to the saucepan and continue to cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring.
- 2Add water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the sauce mix and garam masala, stir until fully melted.
- 4Add tomatoes and green peas.
- 5Cook 10 additional minutes on low heat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Style Eggplant and Ground Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: