Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
Once upon a time I had a similar recipe from Cooks Illustrated, but can't seem to find it. This is the closest I can come from memory. It's pretty good (pat on back...) but something is not quite the same. The amount of red pepper is for average heat - adjust to your taste! COOKING TIME IS REFRIGERATION TIME.
- Wash cucumber very well, or peel it.
- Cut cucumber in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Thinly slice cucumber and place in a glass bowl.
- Thickness depends on how crisp you want the cucumbers to be when finished. Thicker = Crisper, but Thinner = Yummier!
- Place remaining ingredients into a magic bullet jar or a small food processor bowl. Process for about 30 seconds or until the mint looks like small specks.
- Pour marinade over sliced cucumbers, mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, I usually place in individual shallow white prep bowls or little japanese ceramic serving dishes, spooning a little bit of the marinade over the top.
I've made plenty of cucumber salads...this is the first one that used mint...I love it...it's really refreshing and adds a wonderful taste...thanks for posting it...made for Spring PAC 2013f =)