1/1 Photo of Japanese Style Crisp Chicken Wings
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe comes from the Canadian Japanese Cookery dating back to 1983. A very simple but tasty chicken recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs or 1 cup cracker crumb
- 2 cups peanut oil (for frying) or 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Clip wing tips off and discard.
- 2Separate wings at joints.
- 3Wash and drain well.
- 4In a mixing bowl, whisk together salt, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, grated ginger and minced garlic.
- 5Add chicken wing pieces into a large zip-loc bag.
- 6Pour soy sauce mixture over the wings, shake bag to coat well.
- 7Place bag in refrigerator and marinate for 3 to 4 hours or longer.
- 8When ready to use, drain well in a large sieve or a rack for at least 1/2 hour.
- 9In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and bread crumbs.
- 10Roll wing pieces in flour mixture until nicely coated.
- 11Deep fry in batches in hot oil in a WOK until nicely browned, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Style Crisp Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2064.7
- Calories from Fat 1477
- Total Fat 164.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 2664.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 71.9 g