- 14 ounces crabmeat (I used blue crab crabmeat)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons crab roe
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine crabmeat with sweetcorn.
- Saute onion, garlic, fennel, celery and carrot with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sauce ingredients with a whisk.
- Combine sauteed vegetables with crabmeat mixture.
- Add sauce mixture, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Shape crab cakes into patties.
- Pan fry crab cakes until golden on both sides.