Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Light, warm and chiffon-like cheesecake.
- 200 g cream cheese
- 128 g milk
- 43 g butter, softened
- 26 g cake flour
- 14 g cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 86 g sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- cut cream cheese into chunks, place in a bowl and pour in milk. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese over hot water, stir cream cheese and milk to combine, then add in butter. Set aside to let cool.
- Sift flour and corn starch, add into the cheese mixture.
- Add egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tar tar. Add in sugar in 3 additions until soft peak.
- Fold 1/3 egg white into the cheese mixture and then the rest. Do not overmix.
- Get a large pan, pour in hot water and place a 8 inch cake pan on it. Bake 300F for an hour.