1/2 Photos of Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken and Steak With Vegtables
1 hr 5 mins
My family used to celebrate every major event at this hole in the wall family owned Japanese steakhouse that closed down so rationally I had to start making it at home to survive. This recipe has become my family's absolute favorite and hopefully it will be for your family too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 cup water
Hibachi Chicken or Steak
- 5 skinless boneless thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 large white onions
- 4 green zucchini, large
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 dash iodized salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 dash lemon juice (if you're cooking chicken)
- 1Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add the 2 Cups rice and remove form heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove cover and let stand 5 minutes for rice to absorb remaining water.
- 2While waiting for the water to boil and rice to simmer, add all the ingredients for the white sauce in a medium bowl, whisk together and chill covered until ready to serve.
- 3Hibachi Chicken or Steak: Slice the meat and vegetables into bite size pieces. Spread 1 Tb vegetable oil in 2 separate large skillets over medium high heat. Now in one large skillet, melt 1 TB butter and then add 1 TB soy sauce and the chicken or steak and saute over medium/high heat and add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir often.
- 4In the other large skillet, add portions of the bite sized vegetables (onion and zucchini, not mushrooms) with 1 TB butter, 2 TB soy sauce, dash salt and pepper. (1 TB butter, 2 TB soy sauce, dash salt and pepper for each 1 to 2 cup portion, or unless the portions are small use like 1/2 the ingredients). Cook each portion for about 7 to 8 minutes or until desired tenderness. Cook in portions unless you have a hibachi grill or large enough skillet to cook all the vegetables at once. Stir occasionally. I'm usually cooking for 6 so I have to cook portions separately or else half the vegetables will end up being over cooked while the other half is not cooked at all. Once you've made this recipe more than once you will be able to cook more at a time, just don't overwhelm yourself.
- 5When the chicken (add a little lemon juice at the end) or steak is done, add mushrooms and 1 TB butter, 1 TB soy sauce or more if you have decided to cook a lot of mushrooms.
- 6Continue to stir both pans.
- 7Spoon the vegetables into even portions onto everyone's plates, and the meat into even portions then use one of the meat or vegetable's now empty skillet for the rice.
- 8Toss the scrambled eggs, grated carrots, peas, diced onion with the cooked rice and melt about 1 1/2 or 2 TB butter in the skillet and spoon (slotted spoon) the rice mixture over into the skillet with melted butter, frying it over medium high heat. Add soy sauce and salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 or so minutes stirring as often as you can to keep rice from burning.
- 9Serve in even portions to everyone's plates.
- 10Serve white/orange dipping sauce as you'd like. In my family we use generous amounts over the entire plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken and Steak With Vegtables
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.0
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 254.7 mg
- Sodium 2894.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 57.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: