Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comes from Cuisine at Home Magazine.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 16 asparagus spears, 8 long, trimmed 16 scallion pieces 8 long trimmed
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teapsoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Slice flank steak across the grain into 16 strips, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Pound each to about 1/8" thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one asparagus spear and one scallion spear across the short end of a strip of beef.
- Roll beef around vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a shallow baking pan in a single layer; roll remaining beef and vegetables. Combine remaining ingredients, pour over beef, and marinate 10 minutes.
- Broil steak rolls 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, tent with foil to keep warm, and strain marinade into a small saucepan.
- Remove toothpicks from steak rolls before serving.
- Boil marinade until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon glaze over each serving.
- Serve with rice.