Recipe by sizzlera
A light sweet cake.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This was definitely sponge cake! It was verging on too spongy. I had made some fresh whipped cream and it was definitely better with a dollop of cream on top(what isn't?). I was really wanting the consistency of Twinkies and it was a little rubbery instead. I wonder if there are too many eggs to flour in this recipe? The flavors of the cake are delicious, I just wish the cake had been lighter and fluffier.
- 5 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs until frothy; gradually add in confectioners' sugar and honey; beat until mixture leaves ribbons (12 minutes).
- Sift baking powder and flour together; sift into bowl.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Carefully pour into greased cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- You can also steam this cake for a traditional cake that is springy and light.