Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Added for photo tag Note: If light soy sauce is not available, use half soy sauce and half water. Pickled ginger is available from Asian supermarkets
- 2 eggs
- 1 sheet nori, cut into matchsticks
- 100 g baby english spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 small daikon radish, finely sliced
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 30 g pickled ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Preheat the grill to hot. Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon water and the nori. Season with salt and pepper. Heat and grease a 20cm omelette pan. Pour in the egg mixture to make a thin omelette. When lightly browned underneath, place under the grill to set the top, without colouring. Turn out onto a board and leave to cool. Cut the omelette into thin strips.
- To make the dressing, put the olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl. Whisk gently to combine with a small wire whisk or a fork.
- Put the spinach leaves, onion, daikon, cucumber, pickled ginger, toasted sesame seeds and omelette strips in a large serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss the salad gently to combine. Serve immediately.