Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'From the Ground Up' by James Villas
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion (white part only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- fresh ground black pepper
- sesame cracker
- Place the shrimp and lemon half in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil, remove from heat, let stand for 1 minute, and drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel, devein, and cut the shrimp in half.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the shrimp, sake, scallions, lemon juice, mustard, and nutmeg and grind coarsely.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the butter and salt and pepper to taste; mix until well blended.
- Pack the mixture into a crock, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for about 1 hour before serving with sesame crackers.