- 1⁄2 lb canned bamboo shoot
- 1 lb small shrimp (raw)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups dashi stock (or fish stock or beef stock, but it won't taste the same)
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- watercress (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and gut the shrimp if they are not already prepared.
- Pat shrimp dry, then combine with cornstarch in a ziploc.
- Blanch shrimp in boiling water for 20 seconds, then run under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients except watercress and shrimp. Bring to the boil.
- Add shrimp, bring back to the boil, then remove from heat and serve immediately.