Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted by request, a rich shortbread with marzipan and raspberry. From recipelink.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml cold butter or 236.59 ml margarine, cut up
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml whole blanched almond
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted shelled pistachio, chopped
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 7.39 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 0.06-0.13 ml green food coloring (optional)
- 118.29 ml seedless raspberry jam
- 141.74 g semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- The layers will be prepared and arranged in the following order, from bottom to top:.
- Shortbread Crust.
- Jam Layer.
- Pistachio Layer.
- Chocolate Top.
- Shortbread Crust:.
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Pulse flour and sugar in a food processor to combine. Add cold cut up butter to work bowl and process until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
- Add egg and pulse until mixture begins to hold together. Note: the mixture should still be crumbly but evenly moistened by the egg.
- Sprinkle the moistened dough evenly in prepared pan. Gently press the dough with floured fingertips evenly along bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 mninutes until crust is brown at edges and golden in the center. Transfer to wire rack; cool while making filling.Jam Layer.
- Stir jam in a small bowl until smooth and spreadable; spread evenly over bottom of crust. (Note: an offset spatula is a great tool for spreading.)Pistachio Layer.
- Process almonds, sugar, pistachios and flour in food processor, scraping sides of bowl until almonds are very finely ground. This mixture should look like dry bread crumbs. (Note: Grinding nuts in a food processor with flour and sugar prevents the nuts from becoming too moist and turning into nut butter.).
- Add butter and 1 egg. Process until smooth. Add remaining 2 eggs, almond and vanilla extracts and food coloring; process to blend. This mixture should be smooth and creamy in appearance.
- Carefully spoon filling over Jam Layer and gently spread to cover.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until filling is golden brown and firm when pressed lightly in center. Cool completely on wire rack.Chocolate Top.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over Pistachio Layer. Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Score top of bars to guide knife as you cut 1 1/4 inch squares. Makes 8 dozen.