Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
Japanese Sauteed Ginger Pork aka "Buta-no-shogayaki" is a quick and easy pan-fried dish. Its great as a lunch or dinner. making video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARRMFNYKVU
- 250 g pork loin
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet sake)
- wheat flour
- - Slice the onion (roughly 5mm width).
- - Peel the skin and grate ginger (to make two teaspoons of grated ginger).
- - Mix grated ginger with soy sauce, sake, and mirin in a bowl to make the sauce
- - Cut edge of pork so that it will not shrink/roll up when you sautee them.
- - Powder pork loin with wheat flour.
- - Heat the greased frying pan, sautee the pork loin -make sure they will not be put on top of each other.
- - When you see meat changing color, add sliced onion.
- - When onion becomes clear, add the sauce.
- - Frizzle them while mixing them lightly to coat them with sauce.