Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Alexandra Garinger, Guthrie, Oklahoma, as submitted to BH&G.
Top Review by teresas
Diner's photo caught my attention...I used some leftover chicken from another recipe...I loved the flavor of this salad...but I have to admit that it was very interesting trying to eat it...the rice stick didn't really want to behave while I tried to put them in my mouth...not sure if this happens to others or if it a personal problem...made for "Best of 2014" tag game...=)
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces rice sticks
- cooking oil, for deep-fat frying
- 8 cups mixed greens, torn
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, sesame seed, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and pepper. Shake to mix. Chill.
- Fry rice sticks, a few at a time, in deep hot oil (375 degrees Fahrenheit) about 5 seconds or just until sticks puff and rise to top.
- In large bowl combine greens, radishes, green onions, hard-cooked eggs, and chicken.
- To serve, arrange rice sticks on 8 salad plates. Top with salad mixture.
- Shake dressing; drizzle over all.