Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very Tasty and Very easy - Low Carb
Make and share this Japanese Salad for 2 (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 shelled tail on shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tempura batter
- 1 tablespoon water
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup baby bok choy
- 1⁄2 cup curly endive lettuce
- 6 snow peas, slivered
- 1 radish, slivered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon wasabi or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- mix together garlic, wasabi, soy sauce, miso, water, vinegar & Sugar - set aside.
- tear your endive and bok choy leaves only into bite size pieces.
- sliver snow peas and raidsh lengthwise. Feel free to add any other crunchy vegetables such as cucumber or water chestnuts.
- set aside.
- Heat oil.
- prepare tempura batter like thick pancake mix.
- generously coat shirmp - fry in hot oil until nicely golden brown - remove from oil and let sit on paper towel while you plate the salad.
- put salad in a pile or in a bowl.
- place 3 shrimp on each pile.
- remix sauce and spoon over salad and shrimp.