Recipe by Beaner in Washington
Really wonderful and light. I have taken this to picnics and BBQ, everyone really enjoys it.
Top Review by wen-wen
wonderful recipe!!! i had it for dinner twice this week, as well as for lunch...i used tuna and omitted the nuts, but added tons of sesame seeds and the ramen noodles are a great addition. i used red cabbage and chopped it fairly small. all in all, delicious. thank you!
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles (do not use seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded (large)
- 1 can tuna or 1 can shrimp or 1 can chicken
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 -4 drops sesame oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast sesame seeds in frypan (don't use butter).
- Remove seeds from pan.
- Crunch noodles in package before opening, fry in butter until golden brown.
- Add seasame seeds and nuts.
- Drain on paper towel, cool and set aside.
- Combine cabbage, fish or chicken and green onion.
- As much as 1 hour before serving add dressing.
- Just before serving add noodle nut mixture.