1/1 Photo of Japanese Rice With Shrimp and Vegetables
This is a delicious rice recipe with such a wonderful flavour to it. I like this dish very much! : ) I couldn't find dashi stock so I used miso soup instead. And if you don't want to use fresh shrimp you can use precooked peeled shrimp. Just add them in the last minute of cooking to heat through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the stock, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium hear and cool the spring onion for 1 minute.
- 3Add the ginger and rice and cook for a minute, stirring to coat the rice with oil.
- 4Add the stock and sauce mix, red pepper and snow peas, bring to the boil then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low.
- 5Simmer gently for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- 6Remove the lid and quickly place the shrimp on top of the rice, then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir to combine and serve garnished with the reserved spring onion.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Rice With Shrimp and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1688.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: